Monday, November 17, 2014

[First Impression] Memebox Superbox #72 - Etude House

Of course I bought this box. Of course I pre-ordered it the moment i got the release email from Memebox. Of course I did.

If you didn't already know or couldn't tell from the content of most of my posts; Etude House is my favourite brand. Not just k-beauty brand, like my favourite brand ever out of all brands ever. So as you can imagine I was pretty hyped for this box.





But what's in it? Well this is a 'superbox', meaning that all of the products are full size and there's six of them in this particular box.





Those six are:

  • Oh My Lash Mascara - 01 Top Coat
  • Moistfull Collagen Cream (+ mini Moistfull Super Collagen Ampoule Essence)
  • Play Therapy Sleeping Pack - Firming
  • Belle Dress Pretty Look Shower Cologne 
  • Face Conditioning Fixer
  • Color My Brows Brow Mascara










Oh My Lash Mascara - 01 Top Coat. ($5)
I'd never tried a mascara top coat before, infact before I found that Etude sold them, I never knew they even existed. In all honesty I dont find this too useful as a top coat; most of my mascaras are already waterproof and I've never had much of a problem with fallout or smudging. However I did find a second use for it that has made it a welcome addition to my collection; a brow gel. Really, this is a great brow gel; it molds your brows into place and keeps them there all day without sticking to the hairs and pressing them down. 









Moistfull Collagen Cream + mini Moistfull Super Collagen Ampoule Essence ($18)
I was so indescribably happy to find out that this was in the box. I've been meaning to buy this moisturizer for such a long time so I was really pleased to get it. Personally, I really like it. It's a collagen cream meaning it has firming and wrinkle-erasing properties, and i have definitely noticed my skin feeling firmer and smoother. Other than the slight scent (which may irritate your skin if you're sensitive to that) I'd say this is an all-round good face cream.







Play Therapy Sleeping Pack - Firming ($10)
This is another product that I'd been considering buying recently. If you're not familiar with the concept of sleeping packs; they're basically treatment creams that you apply and leave on overnight and remove in the morning. I find they're a really effective and convenient form of skin treatment. Since you leave them on overnight and can remove them during you morning skin routine, you don't have to take time out of your day to use them like you might for a face mask or massage cream. 




Belle Dress Pretty Look Shower Cologne ($8)
This is one of the products from this box that I'm a little so-so about. I'm not overly-keen on the smell of this but that being said I certainly don't dislike it. It's a really sweet smell which I usually like but I do find this can be a little strong. According to the instructions it's supposed to be used after bathing as a body spray, which I do kind of understand since I suppose it'd dilute the scent slightly.












Face Conditioning Fixer ($12)
When I first saw this in the box I had a small heart attack because I thought it was the face conditioning cream primer from the same range that I'd been really wanting to try for a while. That being said I was by no means disappointed to find out it was infact the fixing spray. This is a makeup setting spray intended to make your makeup stay longer and your skin appear dewy and glowing. I've been trying it out with my daily makeup and honestly I'm realy impressed with it. I don't really have problems with my makeup slipping but this certainly keeps it looking fresh and bright all day, plus it gives that glowing look that I personally really love.







Color My Brows Brow Mascara - 01 Rich Brown ($7)
I don't usually find brow products that useful, since I have naturally quite defined brows. And this isn't really an exception to be honest; it's meant for filling in brows which I just don't need. But that doesn't mean that it's a bad product at all. It tints brows well, literally changing them into a different color, which some may find useful, and I can imagine that it does make brows appear fuller, which again just because I don't need that, doesn't mean that nobody will like it.
Overall I would say it's a pretty good
product, even if it's not something i would necessarily use.


I can say conclusively that I really liked this box, but I can also say that I liked it so much because I'm massively biased when it comes to Etude House. This box does have some variety and a couple of products that I would say are really great, however for most the collection of products may seem somewhat lack luster. Basically if you're an Etude super-fan who'll buy anything with an Etude House logo on, you'd love this box.


Price of box excl. shipping: $32

Retail price of items combined: $60

Available from memebox.com























No comments:

Post a Comment